Tuesday, November 9, 2010

C'est fini!



Finally, on Saturday night I had a bit of a craft time at my friend Beth's house and finished the baby pinnafore (she made a toast cushion - I wish I'd taken a photo, it's very cool). I had machine sewn the buttonholes a wee while ago and they didn't go so well. They were lumpy and when I opened them using the fabric cutting part of the quick unpick, it nipped the edges of the sewn buttonholes and the thread frayed. So I had to painstakingly handsew the edges of the open buttonholes to make sure they didn't fray more. They don't look that great but they are done and I think it looks very cute. Now I need a baby to give it to, or it's going to be waiting a long time in my wardrobe.

I saw this on my way to work this morning and I had to take a photo:


It was so mega it went right around the corner. I bet by the time whoever drew it had finished drawing, it was time for them to go inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment