Monday, July 18, 2011

Almost there




Once again the lady fort has been packed away and Toot has been put to bed. Who knows when he will rise again, if ever. It was nice to give him another outing in Wellington though and we had a really fun time at Inverlochy.

Now, there are only TWELVE SLEEPS until my holiday.

A couple of weekends ago Ed and I watched Paris, je t'aime, following Amelie as a Paris primer. It was a bit of a mixed bag - some of the short films I really enjoyed, others I was glad they only lasted about five minutes. It is a great concept though and cool to see some of the sights in 18 of the arrondissements. Some of which I will get to see in REAL LIFE in 13 days.

I haven't done any knitting in the past two weeks, apart from on stage as you can see in the second photo above, but I really want to try to get my second sock finished before I go. I also had a brief and crazy thought about attempting a pair of booties for a colleague who is going on maternity leave next week, but realistically, the chances of that happening are slim. Although, you never know, I am going to the Wairarapa this weekend so might have some knitting time on the train.

The last week or so has been really busy at work but also slightly exciting - probably about as exciting as policy gets anyway - I finished my first big paper all by myself and got to go to the Minister's meeting today to hear it be discussed.

I have a feeling these next two weeks are going to go really fast. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment