Monday, July 25, 2011

One year, one month, and two days later...


A pair of socks was born.




I love them! They're not perfect, of course, but they're finished and they fit. Just in time for a particularly cold patch of weather that has seen the heaviest snowfall in New Zealand in 15 years. I was in the Wairarapa over the weekend and I am slightly sad I missed the snow that showed itself there today. I must have felt it coming though, as I was determined to get the socks finished over the weekend.

These socks have been all sorts of places with me, I've changed jobs with them, moved house with them, lots of different people have watched me knit a few rows on them - their reactions have ranged from curiousity, incredulity, admiration, encouragement and, on a couple of occaisons, slight annoyance. In many ways it's the end of an era.

When I started the socks I noted that the pattern was called 'The Happiness Socks', but that I might call them 'The Break Up Socks', because 'by the time I finish these babies I hope to feel much much better than I do at the moment!'

And you know what? I do. It's partly why they've taken me so long to finish. I have been too busy have a really, really good time. Which is an excellent thing.

*I've Ravelled them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment