Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Twinkle, twinkle...


Last night I put the Christmas tree up. I had grand plans to make amazing new decorations with silver card and ribbon, because I'm a bit sick of the coloured baubles I've had for the past three years, but realistically, I wasn't going to get around to making them in the next week so I just put the tree up and used the same old decorations. It still looks pretty good anyway.

I was so excited to show off the tiny little fairy lights to my flatmates when it got dark. Apparently when one of them came home from working at a bar till the early hours of the morning, the tree with its lights on in the dark of the lounge made her a bit teary eyed. Success!

I also bought a Christmas album I've wanted for a few Christmasses now: 'Ella Wishes You A Swinging Christmas'. It was recorded in 1960 and is so great! She says amazing things like, 'Look at that crazy red suit' when talking about Santa in 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' and 'I'm just crazy about horses!' at the end of 'Jingle Bells'. Oh, Ella.

No comments:

Post a Comment