Thursday, July 19, 2012

If a tree falls in a forest...

My loyal readership of one has been crying out for updates (even though she's been present for most of the events of note in the last few weeks) and I am not one to let the fans down.

I don't know why I haven't written anything in a while, it feels like both nothing and lots has been happening. I started a new job, I ripped my second half-done bootie out because I made the same mistake as the first time I tried to knit the first bootie, I stayed home most of last weekend in my pyjamas and re-watched five episodes of Girls. It's a tough life. Oh, but also the last two times I posted there was weird white background highlighting on some of the sentences and it made me angry and I couldn't fix it.

Anyway, I can't not record the event that was DJ Plays the Hits. Three weekends ago Ed and I had a joint birthday party at his house. There were giant red balloon columns. We went to the Salvation Army and bought hit records, such as Rod Stewart's 'Blondes Have More Fun' and one with Barbara Streisand and Barry Gibb dressed entirely in white and embracing on the cover, to make mobile-like hanging record decorations and artfully place the covers up the stairway. There was a disco ball. I made 30 cups of jelly and no one could understand why the jelly wasn't alcoholic.



Heaps of people dressed up and there were some amazing costumes. I wore Vogel's toast on my head.


On Sunday just been, we had classic movie Sunday for the first time in a while. I think. Yes. It was the first time since Annie. Anyway, we watched Top Gun in recognition of Tom Cruise's latest divorce. It was pretty hilarious. How many times can the song Danger Zone be played in one film? Many, many times. Why was Tom Cruise ever considered a heart throb? I have no idea. Why does the blue light in the scene in which he and the instructor woman get together make it look like they are inside an aquarium? Again, no idea. I found the flying scenes really stressful. My favourite character was Goose. He wasn't interested in wearing jeans when it was extremely hot and getting sunburnt because he was shirtless while playing an intense game of beach volleyball. He was wearing flowery shorts and an 80s t-shirt. And he played the piano and his wife was a really cute Meg Ryan wearing a great dress. And that's the sum total of my critical analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment